Welcome

 

Greetings, we are excited about our daycare's new services. Wee Care Day Care now serves infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school agers.  My name is Leo I. Smith and I am the owner and a teacher at Wee Care Day Care.  The class that I focus on in the daycare is preschool.  I was awarded a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential which is the most widely recognized national credential in Early Childhood Education awarded by the Council of Early Childhood Professional Recognition.  The CDA is based on a core set of competency standards that guide early childhood professionals.   The philosophy of the eight standards include:   

  • Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
  • Advancing children's physical and intellectual development
  • Supporting children's social and emotional development
  • Building productive relationships with families
  • Managing effective program operation
  • Maintaing a committment to professionalism
  • Observing and recording children's behavior
  • Understanding the principles of early childhood learning
I am earning my master's degree at Northcentral University and I have been in early childhood education for eighteen years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Childhood Learning

Early Childhood Education and Family Engagement